Sexual Assault is an assault of a sexual nature that violates the sexual integrity of the victim. A victim can be man or woman and charges can be laid against the spouse. The act of sexual assault does not depend solely on contact with any specific part of the human anatomy but rather the act of a sexual nature that violates the sexual integrity of the victim. Proving sexual assault under s. 271 requires: a victim be assaulted, a contact has to be in sexual in nature, the absence of consent, the age of culprit and a victim, relationship between them, etc. Certain following factors are also considered in the investigation and prosecution of sexual assault :
. The part of the body touched
· The nature of the contact
· The situation in which the contact occurred
· The words and gestures accompanying the act
· All other circumstances surrounding the act
· Any threats that may or may not be accompanied by force
Everyone who commits a sexual assault is guilty of
· An indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or
· An offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months.
If you are charges with sexual assault you are in serious trouble. Hire an experienced and intelligent criminal lawyer to defend you in the court. Conviction in sexual assault charges often lend a culprit in Jail.
Call criminal lawyer Navdeep Dhindsa for any kind of criminal charges. We are here to defend you.